Cinco de Mayo – Beer Lime Marinated Chicken
Total time: 45 minutes plus marinating time
1 (12-ounce) bottle dark beer, preferably Mexican
1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
1 1/2 tsps. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. crushed dried oregano, preferably Mexican
1/2 cup peanut oil
1 chicken (2 1/2 to 3 pounds), cut into quarters
you can substitute any of your favorite parts; legs, thighs or breasts or a combination.
1. Combine the beer, lime juice, garlic, chipotles, salt, cumin and oregano and mix well. Stir in the oil. Reserve 1/2 cup for brushing on the chicken.
2. Place the chicken in a glass or other nonreactive baking dish and pour the marinade over it. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour and not more than 4 hours. Return the chicken to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking.
3. Heat the grill. Lay the chicken on the grill. Cook, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade, until the juices run clear, about 15 minutes on each side.
Latest posts by Michael Sears (see all)
- Holy City Brewing – Pluff Mud Porter Recipe - April 5, 2018
- Best IPA Beers In Your State A – Z - March 16, 2018
- Founders Canadian Breakfast Stout CBS In Bottles DEC 1 - November 7, 2017